Thursday, June 6, 2013

A New Beginning 6/5/13

"Spirit lead me where me trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters, wherever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior."These were the words that I sang in church on April 28th, two days after receiving my acceptance email into the Avance Program. This was my act of declaring to God that I would go whoever He was calling me this summer and in that moment in my spirit I felt such a powerful draw to Mexico City that it took my breath away. Now 38 faith growing days later, these were the very words that I was again declaring to God as I began to board the plane to Mexico City. Listening to this song while boarding the plane was intense to say the least. Each step crossing the boardwalk into the plane was a step of faith, a sign of the beginning of the journey, and a literal representation of my obedience to God's will for my life. As I sit on the plane, I am soaring through a myriad of emotions ranging from nervousness to sheer excitement. However, I am choosing to anchor myself to the One who is steadfast and resting in the shadow of the One who holds this entire universe together, including me and my future. ¡Gloría a Jesús! Do I have expectations? Yes, but I've chosen to keep them pretty low because I have NO idea what this summer has in store! I expect to see God move, be used by God, learn a lot from my Mexican brothers and sisters in Christ, and improve my Spanish Do I have goals? Why yes, thanks for asking! I just have 3.I hope to be an avid seeker of God's presence and his work in situations and in people. I will always be asking: "How is God moving in_______? Also, I hope to be innovative in ways of Loving God and Loving Others and to never forget the power of culture! This summer is going to be incredibly crazy, challenging, and amazing! You know what? Bring it! God is in me, before me, and with me! I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment