Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Be a Man! 6/7/13

These past couple of days of training have felt like the scene in Mulan, the Disney movie,where they are training Mulan and the soldiers for the war. Except for me, it would be, "Be a Mexican!"



Latin American Mission is completely amazing. These past few days have been basically nonstop sessions of training and praying to the point where I feel completely "prayed up"and prepared to begin living with my host family. They've taught us everything from how to dress in the church, praise songs in Spanish, how to be good Mexican children to our host family, to how to ride the metro. They've also had these super hilarious skits that are COMPLETELY accurate!

The purpose of these trainings have been to prepare us for what we will encounter in our homes and in our churches, but also how to be a blessing in this country. I've never received this level of training before with a missions trip. It is quite amazing and it says a lot about LAM. And there is still even more training to come! (This is not a plug for LAM, but man they are awesome!)

I think that the greatest thing that I'm taking away from training is: confidence.
Confidence in my Spanish speaking abilities that I have and confidence that they will greatly improve by the end of the summer. Confidence that God is with us and before us. Confidence that lives will be changed, whether mine or the Mexicans that I will be ministering to. Also, confidence in my ability to take every opportunity to share the powerful gospel.

I am so grateful for the confidence that they've given me and if I had to leave tomorrow, the trip would be worth it.

Abrazos


No comments:

Post a Comment