Monday, June 17, 2013

Prayers of the Saint

One of my favorite things to do is pray with my family.
It is such a great experience to hear their honest and heart wrenching prayers for themselves and also for their church. Every Friday night, after Papá is done working, the family comes together around the dinner table and prays for the prayer requests of the church. My Papá is an incredible pastor and father for having this as a weekly occurrence.

Last Friday night, we were actually Kneeling around the table praying for each other and the church. The air around us when we pray is already reverent and spirit filled, but this time I truly felt the Spirit even more when Mamá began to pray. Mamá, down on her knees, prayed and pleaded with such fervor that she was soon reduced to tears. Listening to her tear-filled prayers for her sick and dying church members, her son, and her husband was so powerful. Then she began praying for me and my roommate as her new daughters. She was down on her knees, crying and praying for ME as one of her own daughters!
Words cannot explain the sheer beauty and purity of that moment. There wasn't a dry eye in the house when she was finished. Even our dog was probably a little teary eyed! She truly is a saint and has touched my heart in such a special way. I can't imagine being any more blessed than I am right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment