Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Best Cake is Enjoyed in the Face

*A little warning: if phrases don't make sense, it is due to the fact that I'm constantly speaking in Spanish and thinking in Spanglish. I honestly can't distinguish the difference sometimes.*

I just had a birthday on the 7th! It is my first birthday that I've spent outside of the States and I have to say it has been one of the best because it has been celebrated Mexican style! Not only once, but twice!

Never in my life have I felt more loved and special, than I have these past couple of weeks from my friends and family in the states and now from my friends and family in Mexico!

Un aviso (warning) if you are going to spend a birthday in the Mexico, run if you hear people chanting, "Mordida. Mordida. Mordida." The translation doesn't matter as much as what actually happens if you stay long enough to hear it!
Mordida (bite) is the Mexican tradition of the birthday person to take the first bite out of the cake sin sus manos (without their hands). That's the fun part. While you are enjoying your first bite, someone will come along and smoosh your face in the cake. Boom. Mordida. I've had the pleasure of enjoying the Mordida twice this past week. Both times extremely delicious and very very messy. One benefit of Mordida is that my face is surprisingly more smooth. Icing must have some moisturizing properties or something!

My time in Mexico has been such an incredible experience already! I'm ALREADY dreading August 2nd! If these past few days are any indication of what the rest of the trip is going to be like, well I must say that God has outdone Himself with this amazing blessing.

Abrazos




No comments:

Post a Comment