Friday, July 12, 2013

6/29/ 13 That Moment When....



That moment when you know you are truly part of a family:

The other day, I had such beautiful moment with my family. We were standing in the "panaderìa" (bakery) choosing the bread that we were going to eat that night when I decided to slowly slip my hand into the hand of my mamà. At that moment, she quickly grabbed my hand and smiled at me. It was so sweet!
Shortly after, my brother comes up and tries to break us apart. However, jokingly, I told him to not be jealous and grabbed his hand as well. Thinking that it was going to be awkward, I attempted to pull my hand away, but he held my hand there. As we stood there holding hands, all the noisiness of the shop faded into the background and it was such a beautiful moment. The three of us. United. After, my host brother pulled me into a quick hug and told me, "You truly are my sister. Even more so now."
It was such a sweet moment! I truly feel like I am apart of this family. I now have 3 more sisters, 2 more brothers, and 1 more set of parents. I seriously cannot believe how fast we all have bonded and in such a short amount of time. Everyday with this family is such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment