Friday, July 26, 2013

Falling on your knees

Since being here in Mexico, I have encountered God in so many different ways and I have learned so much from my Mexican brothers and sisters in Christ! It's been pretty amazing!

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how ready they are to fall on their knees during prayer. From them, I have learned the importance of prostrating yourself before God, humbling yourself in the knowledge of who God is, and to not being afraid of being face down in the dirt from which you came.

The most powerful moment of prayer has been during VBS week. One day my Mamá was the director of VBS and under her leadership we started off the day of VBS on our knees praying to God. We prayed that God would be ever so present in our ministry, He would plant His word (our theme was the harvest) in every heart present, we would be an example of what we were teaching, and finally that God would speak through us.
It was so powerful to hear the prayers of the other VBS leaders and to all be in the same humbled position, crying out to God for Him to do His will in us.

It has been such an amazing experience to learn from my Mexican family in Christ how to experience God more deeply. This act of prayer is definitely something that I want to put into practice more often when I return to the States.

"Falling on my knees in worship. Giving all I am to seek your face. Lord, all I am is Yours."
-"Came to my Rescue" by Hillsong

*Included is a picture of all our wonderful little crazies that we had the honor to serve during VBS week*


No comments:

Post a Comment